The Community Psychoanalysis Consortium
In addition to generating the PINC training track, the founding group also spurred the development of the Community Psychoanalysis Consortium (CPC), a group that meets quarterly. The CPC is a network of organizations committed to working psychoanalytically. It so far includes the participation of CPT analysts and candidates, the Infant Parent Program at UCSF, California Institute of Integral Studies, Richmond Area Multi Services, Access Institute for Psychological Services, Coalition for Clinical Social Work, West Coast Children’s Center and Partnerships for Trauma Recovery.
The work of the Community Psychoanalysis Consortium:
- Developing a (thinking) space for mutual recognition and support of psychoanalytic “work” as it exists inside and outside of institutions and organizations
- Consideration of the possibilities and challenges faced working in “community” settings
- Cross pollinating philosophies about mental health, psychoanalysis and mental health service provision
- Developing potential future projects for CPT candidate training
- Exploring the role of institutional training for psychoanalytic candidates in community settings